Friday, August 29, 2014

Vint Virga's The Soul of All Living Creatures ~ A Major Disapppointment


  I looked forward with anticipation to The Soul of All Living Creatures (What Animals Can Teach Us About Being Human) to read and review for my community.  Whether it was the countless statistics or Vint Virga, DVM's style of writing the book lost my interest right away. This was a shock even to me.  I favor non-fiction books, which this is and I also enjoy reading about animals.  In a nutshell, the book is about Dr. Vint Virga's twenty five years of working with animals as a veterinarian and veterinary behaviorist and the bonds that we create with our pets.  The writer has years of experience with animals as mentioned in this  New York Times Post but I found myself bored and frustrated while tackling the chapters of the above.  I would also like to point out that this is my opinion and that this book is a 2014 Silver Nautilus Award Winner.  Author's Website .  I was given the opportunity to review this book by The Blogging for Books website.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment