Friday, December 30, 2011

How I Was Raised For The Very Best New Year's~

Coming from humble beginnings in a family with a strong Faith in God, I didn't realize how different we did things until I ventured out in this world. While college peers were making plans on which party to attend and what to wear, we were baking desserts to bring to our church's potluck supper for our New Year's Celebration. I didn't realize what a blessing it was to come from a spiritually rich upbringing. New Year's Eve our members and friends gather at our Branch around 9 pm to listen to our brother Elder's speak followed by a season of thanksgiving testimonials from the members on how the Good Lord saw us through another year. About 15 minutes to midnight, we kneel and pray in the New Year that God would bless us and strengthen us for whatever is ahead. I always loved those services and still do. What better way to begin the New Year than asking God to please be with us every step of the way. I wouldn't trade my background for anything in this world. I can do without the glitz and glamor; the partying; the horrible hang-overs and the sound of guns but one thing I cannot do without is the Lord. I pray that he opens the windows of Heaven and blesses each and everyone of you in 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment