Saturday, April 1, 2017

Sally Clarkson's Account Is a God Send

Sally Clarksons, "Different: The Story of an Outside-the-Box Kid and the Mom Who Loved Him" proves that being different is not an awful thing.  Her true account of her son who suffers from learning disabilities along with anxiety and OCD will inspire other parents who are going through the same experiences.  She pushes out the negative comments presented to her about her son's condition and she rely's on her faith in God to accentuate the positive.  Mom and son's love grows as they take this journey together.  I was given the wonderful opportunity to review this book for the Tyndale Network.  As a young adult I was diagnosed with chronic concurrent depression and panic disorder.  At the time my therapist had asked me if anyone in my family had noticed any difference in me while I was growing up.  That was over forty years ago and I honestly told my psychologist that my parents just thought that I was emotional and sensitive.  After reading Sally Clarkson's biography, I felt that so many more individuals could be helped by her sharing her story and inwardly I was jealous that this type of material was not available as I was growing up.  This is a superb read.  I highly recommend.

No comments:

Post a Comment