Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Gretchen Rubin Reminds Us We Can Be Content Wherever We Are

 

Gretchen Rubin's Happier at Home is a refreshing read of how a woman can be completely content at home, however this is her story of how she finds projects that give her self satisfaction.  Gretchen's book largely resembles my own since I was forced out of working due to a physical disability.  Although difficult  in the first years, I prayed a lot and decided to put my energies into our humble home by gardening in the summer, canning and freezing vegetables throughout the Fall and sewing in the winter.  I am at peace and enjoy my lot.  In fact, I am more content than I have ever been at any other time of my life.  In that way, I felt I had a lot in common with the author.  I think that the reader could gain more insight if they could replace being happier at home with whatever or wherever they may be in their personal life at this moment.  Whether if they work full-time or have a sick parent or if they are newly married, the important message here is that a person can truly be content under any circumstane.  It's a matter of attitude.  I was given the opportunity to read this book from Walterbrook Multnomah in exchange for my review.  It is an easy read with great ideas and warmth.  It's one of those reads that leave you with good feelings.

No comments:

Post a Comment