Tuesday, February 2, 2016

The Perfect Gift For Mother's Who Have Lost Their Baby to Tubal Ligation, Miscarriage or Stillborn.


Kathe Wunnenberg offers much needed compassion in her new publication, "Grieving the Child I Never Knew" which describes in depth the enormous heartbreak one experiences after losing a baby to miscarriage, tubal ligation or stillbirth.  Long overlooked these mothers suffered in silence because others did not understand their grief and anquish.  Ms. Wunnenberg, after suffering three miscarriages, can relate to the scores of women who also anticipated healthy babies and instead go home empty handed.  Her words are gentle and kind and will help families and their loved ones realize  the same grief that others experience when they lose those they cherish.  I
 Thank Ms. Wunnenberg for sharing this devotional because I was among those who didn't know where to go or who to speak to after losing eleven children to miscarriage throughout my first 20 years of marriage.  This is a much needed book and will aide many in the future.  I would like to add, that many of my loved ones felt that it was easier each time I miscarried because of the notion that I had been through this before.  There is nothing further from the truth.  As time passed it became harder to lose my unborn.
   The author shares tools to assist the grieving with prayer and scripture.  There is even a space for journalism.  It is because of stellar resources like these that I appreciate reviewing for Book Look Bloggers.  This would make the perfect sympathy gift for those with recent similar loss.

No comments:

Post a Comment