Tuesday, February 14, 2012

What You Don't Know But Should Know About Me

My readers, in order to understand why it might be a few days in between updates to my blog, it is imperative I tell you a little more about me. In 2005 I was diagnosed with Tarlov Cyst Disease (a debilitating and painful condition which in time erodes the spinal cord and causes damage to one's organs); thus more days than not, I am in much pain. However, for many reasons I chose not to elaborate on my condition until today. For one, it took me a few years to even admit to myself that I had this disease and once I had, I did not want sympathy but now for the sake of supporting other sufferer's I am ready to speak about this condition. I have been fortunate because I was raised in a strong Christian Faith and through prayer and the support of the members of my Church and family I have been able to adjust to this situation. The Love is plenty as well as the support. It is so important that whatever disability, that the family encourages their loved one and helps them to move into their new "life". Only those with similar illnesses truly understand that we can make no promises nor is our life consistant. Unfortunately in 2005, I was forced into retirement with the recommendation of five neurologists. A better part of my day I have to rest or wage a possibility of a "flare up" (a flu like condition which exacerbates this affliction) which can last up to a few weeks. Being the creative individual that I have always been, it is frustrating for me. I dream of what I want to do but am unable to keep up or participate because of the tarlov cysts. So I beg with the reader, please be patient if I am unavailable or am not updating on a daily basis. My thoughts for this blog are more than you can see or know...in time, it will come together. Close friends and relatives have come to learn that I am not always available and many times I am much of a recluse. The time I do spend on line and with my members is a genuine blessing~ a time to shine even for a short while and I am grateful for each and everyone of you. When I am able I hope to update on the powerful resources there are out there for those with any physical handicap and the ways I have learned to positively deal with the chronic pain. God is always so Good and yes, he gives us the strength to cope and enjoy each day no matter what we may have to endure. Everyone, including those who do not have an illness, should focus daily on their Blessings because it is impossible to be depressed when you look at the wonderful things in your life. In my life, the Good far outweighs the bad, I have no reason to complain. For more information and online support about Tarlov Cyst Disease, these links are available
http://www.tarlovcyst.net

No comments:

Post a Comment