Thursday, February 7, 2013

I'm Not Afraid of Anything That Can Happen to Me on This Earth


 Written in a letter to his children and than presented as a legacy of how he lived, Adam Brown (Navy Seal Team Six) stated '"I am not afraid of anything that might happen to me on this Earth because I know no matter what, Nothing can take my spirit from Me."'
   Fearless-The Undaunted Courage and Ultimate Sacrifice of Navy Seal Team Six Operator Adam Brown by Eric Blehm is Superb!  My insecurities that this read would be above my head were quickly dissolved within the first few pages of the book.  I commend the author for this easy to understand brilliant writing.  This true account was one of those books I just could not put down.  A special thank you for Walterbrook Multnomah for extending me the opportunity to read in exchange for a honest review.
   Blehm covers Adam's childhood and the principles his parent's raised him on.  The reader gains insight on the makings of a true warrior years before he is in battle.  This soldier seems made to order having these endearing qualities.  Adam's nature was to stand up for the underdog and he was a gentleman to all women, even asking wallflowers to dance with him.  Though small in stature, he was never intimidated by his own size and always wanted to be the one to slay giants.  His own real anxiety was not to displease his parents. As a young adult, he often would appear odd to his friends for not going along with his peers because his first goal was making his parents proud.  There is so much more that I could write about this fine exemplary man but I wanted to focus on his character.  I highly recommend the book for young people and parents although I know everyone would walk away a better person for learning about him and Seal Team Six.  To learn more go to this book link http://fearlessnavyseal.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment