Friday, April 5, 2013

Shauna Niequist's Bread & Wine

Shauna Niequist's Bread & Wine A Love Letter to Life around the Table With Recipes really hit home for me.  In my younger years, our family lived upstairs from my Grandmother DiFalco who spent the entirety of her days making pasta and meatballs from scratch to serve to family and friends come dinnertime.  Cooking and sharing her meals was her way to show love and there was always plenty to go around the table no matter how many people showed up.  Everybody looked forward to dinnertime where we all enjoyed the meal and sat long afterwards sharing stories of our day.  My uncles always told hilarious jokes and nobody would miss out on being around the table. Of course being raised the way that I was, I followed in my Grandmother's footsteps.  I enjoy cooking and inviting a lot of guests over.  In this way the author won over my heart.  She speaks of the importance of being together and enjoying even a small meal (bread and wine) or whatever you feel to create.  Shauna shares her experiences as well as delights us with many recipes.  The book spoke to me while conjuring up warm memories of many pleasant evenings.  I recommend this book highly to anyone who enjoys entertaining as well as housewives and hostesses.  It was my honor to read this book in exchange for my review for the Handlebar Network.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment